Defense Minister Hulusi Akar is in Libya and has said that Turkey will retaliate against any attack by rebel General Khalifa Haftar.
Turkey’s defense minister has said that any attack on North Africa by Khalifa Haftar, commander of Libya’s eastern military, would be carried out by force.
“War crimes, the killer Hafar and his supporters will be seen as legitimate targets by his forces in any attack on Turkish forces,” Hulusi Akar told Turkish forces late in Saturday. Available from the media on Sunday.
The Libyan National Army (LNA) Haftar said in a few days that his remarks were aimed at Turkish troops operating with the support of the United Nations-recognized government in Libya. Agreement (GNA).
“If they take this step, they will not be able to find a place to flee,” Akar said.
“Everyone should get their attention.”
Earlier this year, Turkey backed the GNA. Egypt and the UAE backed a 14-month offensive in the capital, Heferta.
Both sides reached a ceasefire in October and are scheduled to hold elections later this year.
According to Libyan authorities, Akka visited Tripoli on Saturday without planning military cooperation between the GNA.
Turkey’s defense minister says political talks based on the ceasefire have sought to find a solution.
“The most important thing here is that everyone should be involved in finding a political solution,” he said. It would be wrong to do more than that, ”he added.
In his speech on Thursday, Haftar said, “If there is a colony on our land, there will be no peace.”
Al-Jazeera correspondent Mahmoud Abdel Wahed from the Libyan capital, Tripoli, said a senior Egyptian delegation, including the defense minister and intelligence chief, was in the capital to meet with government officials.
“Local players are pushing for a peaceful solution instead of military means,” said Abdel Wahed.
“A high-level Egyptian delegation met with an internationally recognized government in Tripoli. This is the first time in six years, ”he added.